Do not take ayurvedic medicine even if you take allopathic medicine. Strange, isn’t it? You might be thinking why I am saying like this. Everyone knows that allopathic medicines have side effects, but at the same time everyone blindly believes ayurvedic medicines thinking that it will not make any harm. But the fact is that ayurvedic medicines are equally harmful because we will not get the pure form of medicines from the shops and they are adulterated too.
Mohanan Vaidyar wants to open up today’s condition of ayurvedic medicine. Ayurveda has become a business. Pure ayurvedic medicines are not available in shops. This post is not meant to hurt or insult a person, an institution or a company. Most of the ayurvedic products claim that they are the most pure. So you must be aware of some real facts.
Unbelievable cost of medicines
The medicines that we get from ayurvedic shops cannot be given by the manufactures in that price.
- The fact is that Herbs are not available as per the needs.
- To make a ‘Vilvaadi’ tablet, for 960gm of powered medicine, 14.48 litter of goat’s urine is needed. The whole urine should be mixed with the medicine step by step by grinding. Not in a machine, it should be grinded by hand by stone. Do you know how many days it will take? After all expenses for how many rupees it can be sold?
- The actual rate of original cow’s ghee is above 900 rupees per kilo, then how ‘kritham’ is sold below 800 rupees? What if black cow’s ghee should be added in ‘kritham’?
Medicines stored in shops does not get spoiled
Have you ever thought why medicines bought from shop do not get spoiled! The food or kashayam that we make in our home does not stay for more than one day. Then how the medicines stored in shops stay for months and years?
- If kashayam (tincture) made today does not get spoiled the next day then it means that preservatives are added in it.
- When bacteria, fungus, virus enters into the kashayam, aristam or chyavanaprasha and they grow in it then it is said to be spoiled or sticky. But if the medicines do not spoil, then it means that micro-organisms are not allowed to grow inside the medicines, that means something is added inside the medicine to kill the micro-organisms and that is known as pesticides and we call it as ‘preservatives’ by pet name.
Ingredients of medicine
Do you believe that ayurvedic medicines contain the purest form of ingredients without any adulteration? If yes, I want to brief some of the ingredients.
- Coconut oil, mustard oil, gingelly oil, these are necessary to make ayurvedic medicines. Do you think that these oils are 100% pure? We are getting flavoured liquid paraffin instead of original oil.
- If we take asafoetida, even the famous brands give substandard adulterated product instead of pure asafoetida. Common man cannot afford the price of original asafoetida. Then how the medicines that contain asafoetida are available is low price?
- Is ghee the original one? Even the milk we are getting is not cow’s milk. So there is no need to talk about the original gee of cow.
Our condition after having ayurvedic medicine
What will be our body’s condition, if these medicines enter inside our body?
- You have seen that the ayurvedic medicine contains pesticides. If these medicines enter inside our body, then it will destroy the bacteria that help our digestion and our digestive system will go down.
- These ayurvedic medicines cause acidity, ulcer and other stomach problems.
- By taking these medicines, body parts swells, commonly in old people.
- These medicines lead to liver cirrhosis.
The ayurvedic medicine manufacturers justify themselves by saying that they are using preservatives that are approved by government and European Union. Then a question arises, beverages shops and pubs are also approved by government.
Now the ayurvedic doctors are also a part of the business. By knowingly or unknowingly the doctors are giving medicines made by these manufacturers to the patients. In other way, we are having ayurvedic doctors who does not even know a ‘kurunthotti’(a herb). It is true that they are having a degree achieved by 3 or 4 years. But is it enough for an Ayurveda doctor?
“Recognize the Good,
Accept the Best”